ADVERT FOR ONLINE VOLUNTEERS
13 December, 2023
ADVERT FOR ONLINE VOLUNTEERS
Introduction: Join us in making a lasting impact in Southern Africa! We are seeking passionate and experienced individuals to volunteer as online mentors for affiliate countries in the Southern Africa region. If you have expertise in resource mobilization, grant writing, concept development, fundraising, events management, or governance, we invite you to be part of our team dedicated to fostering positive change.
About Us: SAFOD is a leading disability-focused network, with a mission to advocate for the rights of Persons with Disabilities to ensure promotion of inclusive development, policies and programs that ultimately benefit other marginalized groups. SAFOD also coordinates and strengthens the capacity of organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs) in 16 countries in the SADC region. SAFOD has led the disability agenda in the region and in the continent for over the past 37 years, delivering on its mission through research, coordinating, training, information-sharing, raising awareness on human rights and relentlessly building strong relations with international bodies to intensify the disability movement.
Position: Volunteer Online Mentor
Responsibilities: As an online mentor, you will play a vital role in supporting our affiliates in various
capacities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Resource Mobilization: Provide guidance on sourcing and managing resources effectively, including financial and non-financial assets.
- Grant Writing: Assist in developing compelling grant proposals, from identifying opportunities to crafting persuasive narratives.
- Concept Development: Collaborate with organizations to refine their project ideas and create impactful concepts for potential funders.
- Fundraising: Offer strategies and best practices for successful fundraising campaigns and donor engagement.
- Events Management: Share expertise in planning, organizing, and executing events to raise funds and awareness.
- Governance: Provide insights into organizational governance, compliance, and best practices for sustainable growth.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the specified areas, with a minimum qualification of bachelor’s degree in social sciences, project management, resource mobilization, grant writing, concept development, fundraising, events management, governance or related field
- Having worked in the civil society space
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to commit a few hours per week to this mentorship initiative
- A passion for empowering organizations of persons with disabilities in Southern Africa and promoting positive change.
- Knowledge about disability issues in the region
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the development of grassroots organizations.
- Gain valuable experience in mentoring and capacity building.
- Connect with like-minded professionals and expand your network.
- Flexibility to volunteer remotely from anywhere in the world.
How to Apply: If you are ready to share your expertise and support the growth of OPDs, we invite you to apply. Please send your CV and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to specify your areas of expertise and why you are interested in this volunteer opportunity.
Application Deadline: 16/02/2024
Join us in making a difference in Southern Africa! Together, we can empower local organizations to create lasting change in their communities.